Relax and Sleep Better with These 7 Top-Rated Smartphone Apps
November 16, 2017
It goes without saying that there is an endless number of benefits that are attributed to getting a good night’s rest. Unfortunately, too many individuals are still getting deprived of this on a regular basis. Interestingly enough, there are a number of smartphone apps that will help you maximize your sleep cycle and wake up feeling totally refreshed. Here are a few facts to be aware of.
What We Know About the Lack of Sleep
According to the CDC or Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1 out of every 3 adults are not getting the recommended 7 hours of sleep each night. Depression, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, hypertension, obesity, and stroke have all been linked to not getting the recommended amount of sleep. It is also associated with decreased cognitive performance, an impaired immune system, and an increased risk of getting into an accident.
Sleep Apps for Better Sleep Hygiene
Sleep hygiene is all about following healthier sleeping habits and promoting regular sleeping patterns. Methods for improving your sleep hygiene include:
- avoiding alcohol, caffeine, and large meals before going to bed
- avoiding nicotine (not smoking)
- getting up at the same time and going to bed at the same time on a daily basis
Introducing a relaxation and sleeping app to your daily sleep hygiene regimen can also help you get that recommended 7 hours of sleep every night. Here are 7 relaxation and sleeping apps that you should consider:
- Noisli – promotes inner peace and relaxation by using ambient colors and sounds; eliminates distracting background noises; improves concentration and productivity
- Pillow – an advanced sleep analysis and tracking app that acts as an alarm clock; features a clean design and an intuitive interface
- Recolor – a coloring book in app form; enables the user to channel their anxiety and stress by relaxing and coloring different designs and patterns
- Relax and sleep well – instills healthier sleeping habits by helping you destress and overcome anxiety; includes hypnotherapy and meditation recordings
- Relax Melodies – a compilation of soothing music and sounds that will help you sleep throughout the night; also recommended for meditation and Yoga
- Sleep Cycle – analyzes and monitors your sleeping patterns; enables you to wake up feeling refreshed and ready to face the day
- Sleep time – analyzes sleep and provides extensive insights into sleeping patterns by using a state-of-the-art algorithm to monitor one’s movements during the night
Thanks to smartphone technology, the above apps help individuals get the rest they need. However, the type of mattress you sleep on is the most critical element of good sleep hygiene. The 7-zone Snuz Mattress by Sleep Choices is a memory foam bed that promotes better sleep by contouring to your body and reducing pressure at the hips and shoulders. Visit the Snuz Mattress website for more information.